If you landed here chances are you are experiencing a sense of feeling unsupported whether it be from a partner, family member, friend, or colleague.
Feeling unsupported may come about after trying to communicate an experience or interaction with another person and receiving the following responses:
- No response - person walks away or does not reply to speaker about the topic
- Changing the subject - person begins talking about self and not probing further
- Minimizing your experience - person says “You are too sensitive.”
- Denial of your feelings - person says “You are not depressed.”
- Insulting - person says “You’re crazy for thinking or feeling that.”