|"The lotus flower emerges out of murky water and grows into a beautiful blooming flower" - Anonymous |
"The duty we owe ourselves is greater than that we owe others." ― Louisa May Alcott
I specialize in helping individuals improve communication & assertiveness skills, cope with anxiety, learn mindfulness, and deal with significant life transitions.
Communication Skills including Assertiveness
- speak more directly
- improve listening skills
- identify assumptions and possible alternative explanations for behavior
- get clear on your needs and ask for what you want
- stand up for yourself in personal and professional relationships
- tolerate the discomfort of disagreeing with others
Coping with Anxiety
- Develop a compassionate perspective towards your struggles and situation
- Identify thinking patterns leading to self-doubt, indecisiveness, and catastrophizing
- Label physical sensations: heart racing, tightness in stomach or chest, dizziness, sweaty palms, jitters, etc.
- Notice thinking errors such as jumping to conclusions, all or nothing thinking, mindreading, fortune-telling, emotional reasoning, etc.
- Use deep breathing, physical exercise, and focused attention to help manage symptoms
Learn a Mindful Approach to Living
- slow down the fast pace of life
- experience a greater sense of inner calm and balance.
- improve self-soothing skills and sense of competence
Transitions in Relationship, Career, and Health
- Relationship Transitions: dating, engagement, marriage, parenting, break-ups, and divorce
- Career Transitions: entry to work, career changes, side gigs, move to self-employment or small business development, and retirement
- Health Transitions: intense moods, chronic pain, illness, and death