Aviva Kamander, LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Therapist, Coach
I am a New York State licensed Clinical Social Worker with a private practice in White Plains, NY. I have had extensive training in various cognitive behavioral therapies such as CBT, REBT, ACT and STAIR a trauma focused CBT. I use mindfulness techniques with significant success. I utilize coaching techniques from the Co-Active Coaching approach.
I have the privilege of working with people in a sacred way; honestly and directly dealing with experiences, thoughts, and emotions. Individuals are capable of immense change and growth. I use effective methods of treatment in a supportive, encouraging and accountable way. Reinventing oneself often leads to excitement and boundless creative energy. Making realistic dreams come true is where I come in.
My hope is that individuals who struggle with happiness will find regular contentment; a better way to get through life. From my diverse experiences I have learned that:
• How you think matters. Negative self talk can be detrimental and it can be changed.
• Self-compassion is the way to happiness.
• Life is hard, and at times unfair. Coping skills allow us to persevere and make the best out of life's difficult situations.
In addition to my private therapy and coaching practice, I work as a psychotherapist for the Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services. Currently, I work with individuals of all ages as well as couples and families. I help people work through a variety of issues related to life events. In the recent past, I worked with older adults as a memory training counselor and as an adjunct professor for the graduate program at The College of New Rochelle.
Throughout my adult life I have searched for knowledge on how to identify personal fulfillment, improve health and wellness, build momentum for personal transformation, and acquire a sense of balance. My experience and training have led to a deep understanding about the process of change.
My approach is direct and action-oriented, with access to mindfulness.
• Understanding the Gut Brain: Stress, Appetite, Digestion, and Mood IBP
• Making Mindfulness Work Webinar Series NICABM(x2)
• How the Brain Forms New Habits: Why Willpower is not Enough IBP
• New Brain Science Tele-webinar NICABM (x2)
• Co-Active Coaching Model - self learning
• ACT - Acceptance Commitment Therapy JBFCS
• MI - Motivational Interviewing JBFCS
• STAIR - Skills Training in Affective and Interpersonal Regulation, Trauma JBFCS
• CBT - Cognitive Behavioral Therapy JBFCS
• Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy REBT/CBT – Advanced/Primary Practicum,
The Albert Ellis Institute
• Master of Science - Columbia University School of Social Work
• Bachelor of Arts - Speech Communications SUNY College at Oneonta
• Business and Parenting Coach
• Mother of 2 children (elementary and middle school aged)
• Memory Training Counselor
• Adjunct Professor
• Telecom Project Manager
• Network Administrator
• Academic Adviser/Career Counselor
• Real Estate Agent
• Administrative Assistant
• and more